The old saying “if you look good, you feel good,” is one of the best beauty mantras. Although no one wants you to dwell in superficiality, the bottom line is that looking good can help you feel more confident, which makes our inner beauty shine even more. Why don’t we take a look at a few ways in which you can give yourself a quick beauty makeover that helps you project a more confident aura:
- Whiter teeth: I know a lot of people who are absolutely beautiful, but won’t smile because they believe that their teeth are not white enough. Thankfully, getting whiter teeth no longer requires a trip to the dentist. You can use products like whitening strips, whitening toothpaste and even whitening mouthwash to keep your teeth and gums looking healthy and fresh. Every couple of years you should go see a cosmetic dentist about a more thorough and lasting whitening effect. When you have bright white teeth, it gives you a confident smile, enabling you to make a great and memorable first impression.
- Tan: Don’t worry, I’m not advocating slathering yourself in baby oil and laying in the sun, nor am I a fan of the tanning bed. Both of those processes will age you very quickly and increase your risk of skin cancer. Instead, why not take advantage of all of the self-tanners that are on the market. Just slightly darkening your skin can even out age spots and imperfections, giving you an overall healthy and vibrant look. You can use sprays, cremes or tanning lotions. Just remember to use as directed and wash your hands thoroughly afterward.
- Bold lip color: Many women have reported feeling much more attractive and confident when wearing a bowl red lipstick. You don’t have to like red to get a shoot in the arm from a hot lipstick color. Any saturated color, like hot pink, red, cherry, or p purple will make you stand out from the crowd. When combined with whiter teeth, a good smile and a nice tan, you will be a knockout. Just remember this tip: if you’re emphasizing a bold lip, then don’t go too big on your eyes or blush. Keep the focus on one element at a time.
- Fake eyelashes: I know many of you are reluctant to use fake eyelashes, but a nice set of real-hair eyelashes will make quite a difference. Although there are many expensive products on the market, you only need to choose a high quality set that is right for your eyes. If you choose a color which is slightly bolder than your normal lashes, you will feel like a whole new person. If you feel your lashes are too thin and too short, then you are a prime candidate for fake lashes.
- Eyebrow shaping: One of the most amazing ways to improve your appearance is to get your eyebrows professionally shaped. Even when you are decent with a pair of tweezers or wax, that pales in comparison to how your brows look when you have them professionally threaded or waxed. Many beauticians and almost all salons in your local area offer eyebrow waxing and threading.The best part is that it takes very little work to maintain a beautifully sculpted brow. You will only need to use tweezers for the occasional stray hair between visits to the salon. Professional eyebrow sculpting is also very affordable.
- Get a manicure: There’s just something about have gorgeous nails that makes women feel like they can take on the world. Treat yourself to a good manicure. Have your nails done and choose a bold, bright color. No clear or pink nail polish for you! Rock those nails and you will be looking and feeling fierce.